Here is the best crescent rolls recipe that's one of our most popular. Crescent Rolls are delicious, flaky and taste best fresh from the oven. But have you ever made crescent rolls or crescent roll dough from scratch?
Making homemade crescent rolls is easy, and when you learn how to make these from scratch, you will never buy crescent roll dough again.
1. Use High-Quality Ingredients: Start with fresh, high-quality flour, yeast, butter, and milk. These ingredients are essential for the best flavor and texture.
2. Accurate Measurement: Invest in a kitchen scale to measure your ingredients accurately. Precise measurements ensure consistent results.
3. Proper Kneading: Knead the dough thoroughly until it becomes smooth and elastic. This develops gluten, resulting in light and fluffy crescent rolls.
4. Temperature Control: Pay attention to the temperature of your ingredients. Use lukewarm milk and make sure the butter is softened but not melted.
5. Give It Time: Allow the dough to rise for the recommended amount of time. This step is essential for flavor development and a tender texture.
6. Don't Overwork: Just like our homemade banana bread recipe, avoid over-kneading or over-rolling the dough, as it can make the rolls tough. Handle it gently to maintain flakiness.
7. Roll Evenly: When shaping the crescent rolls, aim for uniform thickness to ensure they bake evenly. A rolling pin or dough cutter can help.
8. Butter Brushing: Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter before baking. This adds a delicious flavor and helps achieve a golden, glossy crust.
9. Oven Temperature: Preheat your oven properly and use an oven thermometer to ensure it's at the right temperature. Consistent heat is key for even baking.
10. Timing Matters: Keep a close eye on the rolls as they bake. They can go from perfectly golden to overdone quickly, so follow the recommended baking time closely.
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to making delicious, homemade crescent rolls that are sure to impress your family and guests.
We hope you love this homemade crescent roll recipe as much as we do :) Please save a Pin below so you can easily find this recipe again. We would appreciate that!
More Easy Recipes
DIY Craft Club
This comprehensive set of tips embodies the best practices for crafting the perfect homemade crescent rolls. When followed diligently, these guidelines collectively create what is undeniably the best crescent roll recipe.
Each step, from selecting premium ingredients to precise measurements, meticulous kneading, and vigilant attention to baking details, contributes to the creation of crescent rolls that are second to none in flavor, texture, and overall deliciousness.
Whether you're a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe promises to yield crescent rolls that are a true culinary masterpiece, sure to delight anyone fortunate enough to savor their delectable, buttery goodness.
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup room temperature milk
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in warm water. Wait a few minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F while you wait.
Add the butter, milk, egg, and salt, the rest of your sugar and 2 cups of flour to your homemade crescent roll dough. Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough of your remaining flour to form a soft crescent roll dough.
Turn homemade crescent roll dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes (Fold crescent roll dough in half, then push down. Repeat to knead it.) Place in a lightly greased bowl. With a greasy hand, pat the top of the dough to grease it slightly as well.
Cover and let crescent roll dough rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Make sure there is no draft or it will not rise properly.
AFTER 1 HOUR: Punch dough down. Turn it onto a lightly floured surface.
Roll crescent roll dough out into a circular shape.
Using a pizza dough cutter or sharp knife, cut it like you would cut a round pizza: first into 4 sections, then again making 8 even triangles
Roll each triangle from the bigger end to the point, creating your homemade crescent rolls.
Place crescent rolls on a greased cookie sheet, sprinkle them with a very light dusting of flour from your hands, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until fluffy in a warm place (about 30 - 45 minutes).
Place in oven and bake crescent rolls for 10 minutes until golden.
Comments will be approved before showing up.