Turmeric is such a healthy spice, and there are so many ways to incorporate turmeric into your life. One of our favorite ways, is by making a turmeric latte!
Turmeric lattes, sometimes called golden milk, are traditionally caffeine-free and are made by heating and frothing milk or a milk substitute such as almond milk or soy milk with turmeric, spices and a sweetener. There is no reason why you can't add your tumeric latte milk to coffee or espresso to make it with caffeine! Below, we share our tumeric latte recipe which can be enjoyed alone without caffeine (traditionally) or on top of coffee or espresso for a caffeinated turmeric latte!
1. Put all turmeric latte ingredients into a pot on the stovetop
2. Turn heat to medium
4. Using a whisk, stir turmeric latte ingredients constantly and gently
5. Once turmeric latte mixture is steaming, turn heat off. You do not want the milk to boil and scald
6. If you have a handheld milk frother, use it now for 1 minute to give it a good froth. If you don't have a frother, you can whisk it quickly for 30 seconds. The goal is to infuse tiny air bubbles creating a stable froth. A whisk will get some bubbles, a handheld frother will get a few more, smaller bubbles. We personally use the Nespresso Aerocchine Milk Frother and highly recommend investing in one if you enjoy lattes and frothed milk on your coffee or espresso! This frother also heats the milk if you prefer so you can add all the ingredients directly to your Aerocchino
7. If you are looking for a cafffeinated version of a turmeric latte, then at this point you would pour your coffee or espresso shot(s) into your cup and top with your turmeric latte mixture. Otherwise, pour your turmeric latte mixture into a mug on its own, sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon or a star anise and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed our ultimate turmeric latte recipe! Be sure to bookmark this page or Pin our photos to your favorite drink recipes Pinterest board. We would appreciate that :)