Nothing smells more like summer than when the barbecue is going. The smell just screams sun, fun, friends and family and maybe even a summer drink or two! ;) But how much better does it get than making your own homemade hamburgers from scratch to cook on the barbecue rather than buying pre-packaged hamburgers from the store?
We are here to share a secret hamburger recipe with you. This is going to become the topic of conversation around the fire this summer, and everyone is going to ask where did you find this homemade hamburger recipe?
Homemade hamburgers are an American staple and are King of the grill. And we know the most mouth-watering, easy homemade hamburger recipe for making the absolute best homemade hamburger patties.
These homemade hamburgers are ready to bring your barbecue game to top-notch and will impress all of your summer guests.
Making homemade hamburger patties from scratch is something that is very easy and simple to do, and is always so appreciated by the ones who (luckily) get to eat them. The difference when eating homemade hamburgers is phenomenal, and you can even make these homemade hamburger patties ahead of time.
Here is a simple recipe for making easy, juicy homemade hamburgers.
Watch our homemade hamburger video tutorial below on our YouTube channel. It will give you an idea of the perfect consistency you are going for with your hamburger patties and also what size of homemade hamburger patty you will be making.
And we would love it if you hit subscribe + the notification bell while you're there!
1. Mince onion for homemade hamburgers.
2. Finely mince garlic, put both into a bowl.
3. Mix together by hand with the pork and beef until homemade hamburger meat is well-blended.
4. Add homemade hamburger spices: garlic powder, onion powder, onion soup mix, and salt and pepper (Just add by feel, maybe 1/4 tsp each if you are looking for a measurement) and ketchup.
5. Mix homemade hamburger meat mixture by hand until blended.
6. This step is optional: To infuse the flavors of your homemade hamburger meat, put some saran wrap or tinfoil over the bowl and put into the fridge for anywhere between 3-6 hours.
You could additionally add some extra hamburger spices, and a super popular one is Emeril's BAM Burger spice, which you can find on Amazon right here for a super great price. It's awesome to have on hand.
7. Take homemade hamburger meat out of the fridge and mix in the egg with the meat using your hands and blend thoroughly. It should be quite a wet mixture by now.
8. Add breadcrumbs to homemade hamburger mixture, about 3 tbsp. at a time and blend each time by hand until hamburger meat no longer feels wet.
TIP: If you don't have breadcrumbs on hand, you can use crackers in your hamburger patties, just take about 10-20 crackers (soda crackers are great for doing this), place them in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin to crush and add to hamburger mixture.
9. Form the hamburger meat into hamburger patties.
We like to make our homemade hamburger patties large and flat in the middle because as they cook, they tend to shrink around the edges and plump up in the middle, and we don't like my homemade hamburger patty shaped like an uneven puck when it comes off the grill.
10. Grill homemade hamburger patties on a hot barbecue until the internal temperature reaches 160F and then put cheese on the top for 3 minutes before taking hamburgers off the grill.
Depending on your barbecue and how hot you like to have it, it takes about 20-25 mins to cook these homemade hamburger patties, but you can be sure by checking with a meat thermometer.
Want a great, easy side dish to go with these homemade hamburgers?
We get asked for this recipe often:
If you liked this homemade hamburger patties recipe and found it to be easy and great, be sure to PIN it now so you can find it again later! Thanks, we would appreciate that!
Have a tasty day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.