Nothing smells more like summer than when the barbeque is going. The smell just screams sun, fun, friends and family and maybe even a summer drink or two! ;) But how much better does it get than making your own food from scratch to cook on the barbeque rather than buying pre-packaged from the store?
Hamburgers are an American staple and are King of the grill. And I have the most mouth-watering, easy recipe for making the absolute best homemade hamburger patties. Why have flavorless burgers from the store when you can have savory, juicy burgers that completely melt in your mouth with every flavorful bite, made from scratch? These babies are ready to bring your barbeque game to top notch and will impress all of your summer guests.
Making hamburger patties from scratch is something that is very easy and simple to do, and is always so appreciated by the ones who (luckily) get to eat them. The difference when eating homemade hamburgers is phenomenal, and you can even make these hamburger patties from scratch ahead of time!
Here is a simple recipe for making easy, juicy homemade hamburger patties:
1. Mince onion.
2. Finely mince garlic, put both into a bowl.
3. Mix together by hand with the pork and beef until well-blended
4. Add spices: garlic powder, onion powder, onion soup mix, and salt and pepper (I just add by feel, maybe 1/4 tsp each if you are looking for a measurement) and ketchup.
5. Mix by hand until blended.
6. This step is optional: To infuse the flavors, put some saran wrap or tinfoil over the bowl and put into the fridge for anywhere between 3-8 hours.
7. Take out of the fridge and mix in the egg with the meat using your hands and blend thoroughly. It should be quite a wet mixture by now.
8. Add breadcrumbs, about 3 tbsp. at a time and blending each time by hand until it no longer feels wet. You want to feel confident it will hold the shape of a hamburger patty. If you don't have breadcrumbs on hand, you can use crackers in your hamburger patties, just take about 10-20 crackers (I like soda crackers for doing this), place them in a ziplock bag and roll them with a rolling pin to crush.
9. Form into patties. I like to make my patties large and flat in the middle because I find as they cook, they tend to shrink around the edges and plump up in the middle, and I don't like my patty shaped like an uneven puck when it comes off the grill!
10. Grill on a hot barbecue until the internal temperature reaches 160F and then put cheese on the top for 3 minutes before taking off the grill. Depending on your barbecue and how hot you like to have it, I would say it takes about 20-25 mins to cook these homemade hamburger patties, but you can be sure by checking with a meat thermometer.
There are a few things in this recipe that make these hamburger patties from scratch both juicy and full of flavor. Adding the pork makes for a juicy hamburger, and adding that combination of spices and letting them infuse into the meat over hours in the fridge makes for a very flavorful, juicy hamburger.
If you are looking for an awesome little tool to have around the barbecue, this handy Burger Press will have you making hamburgers quickly and easily! (It also makes a fantastic gift idea for Father's Day or a birthday by the way!)
Check the price on Amazon here.
And if you looking for an amazing little barbeque to bring with you to the park, beach or on a camping adventure, the best out there are made by Weber. They have little charcoal grill or gas grill (I have the Weber gas grill (this one exactly) and have nothing but GREAT things to say about it. The reviews on Amazon speak for themselves as well, they are really amazing. We like to bring our Weber grill on the boat when we go out with the family!
Check prices on Amazon here.
If you liked this homemade hamburger patties recipe and found it to be easy and great, be sure to PIN it now so you can find it again later! Thanks, we would appreciate that!
Have a tasty day!