Are you a zucchini lover? If so, this may be a recipe you want to add to your bookmarks. For myself, I love zucchini, and I also love to grow big zucchini in my garden. And you can make so much zucchini bread with one large zucchini! Plus, this zucchini bread recipe is a very quick and easy one, and I have found it gives you the moistest, tasty zucchini loaf out there.
How do you make zucchini bread? Zucchini bread is made by grating a portion of a zucchini or a small zucchini into bread-making ingredients, however, the ingredients are more cake-like than bread-like, involving oil, sugar, and eggs.
Why add zucchini to bread? You add zucchini to bread for two reasons: 1) it is a fantastic way to sneak undetectable vegetables into a delicious treat, and 2) it adds a ton of moisture to the bread which makes it mouth-watering. You do not taste zucchini when you eat the zucchini bread!
Here is how to make the best zucchini bread.
Ingredients: What you need for zucchini bread (can double for 2x batch)
*The above ingredients will be blended together in a bowl
How much zucchini is 1 cup grated? 1 cup of grated zucchini is just under 1 medium zucchini. You grate it using a cheese grater and it grates very easily. For this recipe, you will grate the zucchini raw.
Directions: How to make zucchini bread
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Grease a loaf pan. I like to grease mine with butter then sprinkle flour inside and tap out the excess. I never get sticking this way.
3. Mix your first five ingredients together in a bowl: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. In a separate bowl, mix your sugars together, then add oil, egg, and vanilla. I just mix mine with a big spoon here. Once those are mixed, add in your zucchini and stir together.
5. Pour your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix.
6. Pour your zucchini bread mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Baking times vary though, so I would check around 40 minutes by inserting a fork into the zucchini bread. If it comes out clean, it is finished!
7. Cool, cover and store your zucchini bread for 4-5 days, or you can freeze your cooled bread for 3-4 months.
Be sure to check out our article How To Make EASY Homemade Butter to go with this zucchini bread recipe!
I love this recipe, and when I have company coming over, I like taking a fresh loaf out of the oven for my guests to enjoy. So I take all of my dry ingredients (the first five ingredients listed) and double them for 2 zucchini bread batches, mix them together and keep them in Ziploc bags in my cupboard. I then write what else to add on the ziplock bag.
PS - Have you ever shopped for Ziploc bags on Amazon? I have learned that you can get kitchen-related products like this for way cheaper than anywhere else out there.
When company is coming, I throw these zucchini bread ingredients into a bowl, add the wet ingredients, mix and bake. It is a super quick and easy way to have freshly baked bread for company!
If you liked this article, you may be interested in reading our article, Best Gifts For A Bread Maker. We love bread-making here at DIY Craft Club, and this article is great for anyone interested in making bread. It has the cutest bread-storage bag idea!
We hope you love this recipe! I have tried many and this one is a winner. Make sure you bookmark it or PIN it to your favorite bread or recipe Pinterest boards you have! We would appreciate that!
Have a delicious day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.