Making homemade bread can be fun and easy to do, and we have the absolute BEST basic bread recipe to try out! This bread recipe is great for anyone looking to make a few quick loaves of warm bread for dinner, or to simply have homemade bread in the cupboard. Bread pro's love this recipe, and it is the best bread recipe for beginners as well.
You are going to love how easy this bread recipe is, and when you cut into it and taste that warm, soft loaf, you are going to want to make homemade bread all the time. We guarantee it!
1. Put warm water into a bowl.
2. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
3. Add the 2 1/2 tsp of yeast.
4. Stir the water, yeast and sugar together and let sit for 10 minutes.
*After ten minutes, your yeast mixture should look frothy and bubbly. If yours doesn't, it may be because your yeast is no longer good. You can watch our quick video below to check if your yeast is still good.
5. In a separate bowl, add the 6 cups of flour.
6. In another separate big bowl, pour in your yeast mixture and the salt and oil. Give it a stir.
7. Add the flour to your oil/yeast mixture gradually, stirring each time. We add just under a cup every time. You will use up to six cups of flour for this bread recipe, and the amount of flour you will use will depend on the humidity level of where you live. Be sure to watch our video to see what consistency you are aiming for.
8. Once you have the perfect consistency of dough (after adding somewhere between 5-6 cups of flour), turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and begin to knead it. You are about halfway to having delicious homemade bread!
9. Knead the bread dough for about ten minutes until your dough is soft and tacky, and no longer sticky.
10. Lightly grease a clean, large bowl and gently place your ball of bread dough inside and cover the bowl with a slightly dampened cloth or tea towel.
Let your bread dough rise for an hour in a warm place where it should double in size.
11. After your bread dough has risen and has doubled in size, take it out and knead it a few more times on your surface (you don't need any more flour at this stage).
12. Cut your bread dough in half and roll each half up. Place the 2 rolled pieces of bread dough into 2 separate, lightly greased bread pans.
13. Cover each bread pan up again with a damp cloth and let rise one more time for about 30-40 minutes in a warm place and in about 25 minutes, you can preheat your oven to 350F.
14. Bake your bread at 350F for 30-40 minutes until the internal temperature of your bread is 190F.
Let your bread cool off slightly before slicing into it. We know, it is so tempting to cut right into that delicious looking bread! Just give it a little while to settle and cool.
Now if you really want to put your DIY skills to a new level, you can make your own homemade butter too! Making homemade butter is extremely simple. Have a look at our recipe here.
You may also be interested in reading what the best bread making tools are! Have a look at the must-haves for breadmakers right here.
We hope you enjoyed this easy bread recipe! And now you have some very delicious homemade bread to eat. Wasn't that so easy?? Be sure to Pin this recipe to your favorite recipes Pinterest board, we would appreciate that.
Have a delicious day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.