Here is the hands down, best zucchini recipe out there. If you have extra zucchini, and also grow zucchini in your garden and have a ton of it, you can make zucchini bread.
This zucchini bread recipe is a very quick and easy one, and you will find that it gives you a moist and tasty zucchini loaf.
Zucchini bread is a classic recipe that can be enjoyed any time of year. This bread is moist, flavorful, and perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as a snack.
While zucchini bread is typically made with all-purpose flour, you can also replace with whole wheat flour or gluten free flour for a great recipe
Additionally, you can also make this bread with honey instead of refined white sugar. You can also include other healthy ingredients like chopped walnuts & and fruit like dried cranberries.
Another way to take this loaf of zucchini bread up a notch is to add in some chocolate chips.
To make this loaf of zucchini bread, simply follow the directions in the video below. You'll have delicious zucchini bread in no time! This is a quick bread recipe that you will definitely want to save.
Zucchini bread is made by grating a portion of a zucchini or medium zucchinis into bread-making ingredients. The ingredients for a zucchini loaf are more cake-like than an actual bread recipe because there is no yeast.
Zucchini is added to bread for two reasons: 1) it is a fantastic way to sneak undetectable vegetables into a delicious treat, and 2) it adds a ton of moisture to the bread which makes it mouth-watering. You do not taste zucchini when you eat the zucchini bread!
The zucchini is grated or pureed before being added to the batter, which helps to keep the zucchini bread moist. Zucchini bread is a popular way to use up surplus zucchini from the garden, and it can be frozen for later use.
This is a wonderful recipe to use up all that zucchini. Especially the large zucchini that you have!
Here is how to make the best zucchini bread.
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2.5 tsp powdered cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
The above ingredients will be blended together in a medium bowl or large bowl
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup grated fresh zucchini
1 cup of grated zucchini is just under 1 medium zucchini. You grate it using a box grater and it grates very easily. For this easy zucchini bread, you will grate the zucchini raw. You must use shredded zucchini, not chopped.
Check prices of boxed graters on Amazon here
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Make sure that the oven temperature is right at 350F before baking.
2. Grease a loaf pan. You can grease with butter then sprinkle flour inside and tap out the excess. Or use nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mix the first five ingredients together in a bowl: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the sugars together, then add oil, egg, and vanilla. You can just mix the ingredients with a big spoon, no food processor is needed.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed together, add in your zucchini and stir again.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently stir together. Do not over mix the wet and dry ingredients.
At this time, you can add chocolate chips, dried fruit or chopped nuts.
The zucchini bread batter should look mixed together but not overly so.
6. Pour the batter evenly into the loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes. Baking times vary though, so check around 40 minutes.
A toothpick inserted into the zucchini bread will come out clean when it is fully cooked.
7. Cool, cover and store your zucchini bread for 4-5 days, or you can freeze your cooled bread for 3-4 months.
Be sure to check out our article How To Make EASY Homemade Butter to go with this zucchini bread recipe!
This is a great zucchini bread recipe for when company is coming over. Here is a tip for making zucchini bread.
1. Double the recipe: Take all of the dry ingredients (the first five ingredients listed) and double them for 2 zucchini bread batches, mix them together and keep them in glass containers or in a ziplock in your cupboard. Then write what else to add onto the ziplock bag.
PS - Have you ever shopped for Ziploc bags on Amazon? You can get kitchen-related products like this for way cheaper than anywhere else out there.
Check the prices of Ziploc bags on Amazon here.
When company is coming, just throw these zucchini bread ingredients into a bowl, add the wet ingredients, mix and bake.
2. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. This way you will not get any baking soda pockets when baking.
3. Try adding some homemade butter onto the slices of zucchini bread.
4. Dry the zucchini if it's too wet. If you find that your zucchini is really wet, you can put it into a large bowl and pat the zucchini dry with some paper towel. Also, putting the graded zucchini in a strainer for a few minutes will help it drain out excess water.
5. Make sure the loaf pans are completely greased. When making a prepared loaf pan, that means making sure it is completely covered with butter or cooking spray so that the batter does not stick.
When making quick bread recipes, one of the most important thing is to pour the batter into prepared loaf pans.
6. Turn the healthy zucchini bread into zucchini muffins. You can make this recipe and put it into muffin tins instead of a loaf pan.
7. Let the bread cool completely before slicing. If you slice into a hot loaf, it can fall apart. Just take the loaf out of the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes.
8. Omit the refined sugar and replace with honey or maple syrup for a more healthy zucchini bread.
9. Store extra zucchini for later in the freezer. Shred zucchini and store it in a freezer safe container for later. Just portion it out so that you can grab and go. Completely thaw before using it in your recipe.
Zucchini bread is one of the tastiest and most beloved quick breads out there. The zucchini makes the bread moist, while the spices give it a warm and comforting flavor.
It is a super quick and easy way to have freshly baked bread for company!
Browse all personalized, handmade items you can find on Etsy HERE
If you liked this article, you may be interested in reading our article, Best Gifts For A Bread Maker. We love bread-making here at DIY Craft Club, and this article is great for anyone interested in making bread. It has the cutest bread-storage bag idea!
We hope you love this recipe! I have tried many and this one is a winner. Make sure you bookmark it or PIN it to your favorite bread or recipe Pinterest boards you have! We would appreciate that!
Have a delicious day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.