If you are looking for a delicious breakfast idea with potatoes and eggs, we have the best breakfast with you! You only need a few ingredients and you likely have them on hand right now.
Let's get cracking!
Here is what you need to make this potato and eggs breakfast skillet.
1. Heat a pan on your stovetop and add some oil to the surface. We used our cast iron pan for this recipe.
2. Cook your onions about 4-5 minutes until they look slightly translucent.
3. Add your diced pepper and cook another 2 minutes.
4. Add grated potatoes. You can use any potato for this breakfast recipe, we used red-skinned potatoes for ours.
Stir potatoes every minute or so for about ten minutes. If you find that the potatoes are sticking to the pan, you can add some more oil and stir them around.
5. Once your potatoes are starting to look browned, make little holes with a spoon in your potato mixture and crack your eggs into them. The purpose of the little holes is just so your eggs stay in place so they are evenly distributed.
6. Using a fork, break the yolks of the eggs and spread gently around the surface of your mixture.
7. Put a lid on and cook for about 3-4 minutes until you start to see the egg whites looking cooked in areas.
8. Take the lid off, sprinkle on your grated cheese evenly and put the lid back on until eggs finish cooking.
9. Take off heat and serve!
We hope this recipe totally brightened your morning and put a smile on your face!
This good morning potato and egg breakfast recipe is absolutely delicious and you can add any variations you want, such as garlic, mushrooms, different peppers, and more. Be sure to comment below with your own variations, we would love to hear them :) We read every comment that comes in.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, be sure to save the Pinterest Pin below to your favorite recipes board. We would appreciate that!
Comments will be approved before showing up.