Homemade hamburgers are often associated with BBQ's and grills, but did you know that you can make those juicy, delicious homemade hamburger patties in the oven as well? It is true.
Did you know:
We have an oven baked hamburger recipe for you that will make mouths water. This is the best hamburger recipe for the oven, and you will be amazing at just how delicious oven baked hamburgers can be.
Be sure to bookmark this oven baked hamburger recipe now, or Pin any photo to your favorite recipes Pinterest board, this oven baked hamburger recipe can be enjoyed year round!
You will barely be able to tell these burgers were not cooked on the grill. Let's dive into this delicious, juicy, oven baked hamburger recipe.
1. Finely chop the onion for oven baked hamburger recipe.
2. Mince the garlic, put both onion and garlic together into a bowl.
3. Add the pork and beef to the onion and garlic in a large bowl, and blend by hand.
4. Add hamburger spices: garlic powder, onion powder, onion soup mix, and salt & pepper. (Just add by feel, maybe 1/4 tsp each if you are looking for a measurement) and ketchup. This is what is going to infuse those glorious hamburger flavors.
5. Mix hamburger meat mixture by hand until well blended once again.
6. This step is optional: to further infuse the flavors of your oven baked hamburger meat, put some saran wrap or tinfoil over the bowl and put into the fridge for anywhere between 3-6 hours. Before going on to the next step, this is the perfect time to preheat your oven to 425F.
7. Take homemade hamburger meat out of the fridge and mix the egg with the hamburger meat using your hands and blend thoroughly.
8. Add breadcrumbs to hamburger mixture, about 3 tbsp. at a time and blend each time by hand until it no longer feels wet.
9. Form hamburger meat into hamburger patties and line a baking sheet with a cooling rack if you have one, or parchment paper. If you are making these hamburgers ahead of time and want to keep them in the fridge for a few hours before cooking them in the oven, you can cut squares of parchment paper and stack the formed hamburger patties one on top of another, separated by the parchment.
10. Place hamburger patties onto your lined baking sheet and put them into the oven, and let them oven bake for about 15 minutes, or until they reach between 155F - 160F.
Take the hamburgers out of the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Put them in a bun, top with your favorite condiments and there you have, the most delicious, juicy, oven baked hamburgers!
You will barely notice that these oven baked hamburgers we not cooked on the grill, and your mouth will just infuse with those notes of summer and sun.
Be sure to Pin any photo from this recipe to your Pinterest so you will be able to find it again.
MORE HELPFUL ARTICLES
DO YOU LOVE TO COOK? There's something really exciting going on right now. It's called MASTERCLASS and they have amazing full feature tutorials. You can learn from top Chefs like Gordon Ramsay right from your own home! Check out the new MASTERCLASS lessons. Here's a link to your free trial.
Get BBQ quality hamburgers year round in the oven with this hamburger patty recipe.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Half pkg. onion soup mix
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
Add minced onion and garlic to a large bowl
Add pork and beef and mix by hand
Add all spices: garlic powder, onion powder, onion soup mix, salt and pepper
Add ketchup and mix together by hand
*optional: Let mixture sit in the fridge with cling wrap on it for 3-6 hours to let flavors infuse.
Crack the egg into the mixture and blend by hand
Add breadcrumbs about 3 tbsp at a time until it no longer feels wet
Form meat into patties and place on parchment paper until they are all formed and press your thumbprint into the middle of each patty
Preheat oven to 425F
Place hamburgers onto your lined baking sheet and place in teh oven for about 15 minutes, or until they reach 155-160F
Once cooked, take hamburgers out and let sit for about 5 minutes. Put them in a bun, top with your favorite toppings
These are the BEST homemade hamburger patties!
Comments will be approved before showing up.