Valentine's Day is full of love and hearts, but my favorite part of this love day is the abundance of beautiful Valentine's Day treats there are!
Chocolate kisses and candy heart boxes name a few, but do I ever love a homemade Valentine's Day treat. And one of the easiest and most beautiful Valentine's Day Treats is Valentine's Day popcorn.
Valentine's Day popcorn is regular popcorn mixed with sweet treats, usually involving different colored chocolates, marshmallows, colored sprinkles and a bit of salt to give it a beautiful balance of color and flavor.
If you love popcorn as well as chocolate, well sprinkle a bit of salt on and you have heaven in your mouth right here folks. You are going to want to make this ASAP!
Valentine's Day popcorn is a VERY EASY recipe to make, and you can really add whatever you would like to it.
But I bet you won't find a better chocolate popcorn recipe out there!
Let's get right into this amazing recipe and put some love into the air!
1. Pop your popcorn and put it into a large bowl. I like to pop mine on the stovetop by adding some canola or vegetable oil. Use enough to coat the bottom of your pot. Add 3/4 cups of popcorn. This will make 6 cups popped.
Popcorn will be ready when you don't hear very much popping anymore, anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
2. Melt your Candy Melts 1 color at a time. I suggest starting with white. The trick with melting Candy Melts, is to add about 1/4 of the package to a microwave-safe mug, with a tiny bit of oil (canola or olive) and heat for 30 seconds at 50% power.
Take them out, stir, repeat this step until the Candy Melts melt and are smooth and runny.
3. Add about 2 cups of popcorn to your large serving bowl, and drizzle some of your melted white candy melts onto the popcorn using a spoon.
4. Repeat step 3 two more times.
5. You should now have all of your popcorn in your serving bowl with layers of your white candy melts drizzled throughout. Already sounds yummy hey?
6. Add some love! Sprinkle on your Valentine's Day candies: Smarties or M&M's, candy sprinkles, candy hearts or whatever else you would like to add.
For my Valentine's Day popcorn, I used Valentine's Day Smarties, candy hearts, Valentine's Day Jelly Bellies, and silver sprinkles!
*Reserve a few of each for the end to top it all off.
7. Now it is time to melt your pink candy melts following the same method as the white ones. If you are adding some food coloring, we suggest using gel food coloring and just the absolute tiniest amount. Liquid food coloring is very hard to work with when coloring candy melts.
Adding any color to candy melts changes the consistency and thickens it dramatically, so go easy. If you find yours is too thick after adding some color, you can thin it out slightly by adding some more oil, a few drops at a time.
8. Drizzle the melted pink candy melts on top of your Valentine's Day popcorn.
9. Add the small handful of leftover candies on top, then a little sprinkling of salt and voila! Gorgeous, delicious, Valentine's Day Popcorn!
You may also be interested in checking out our article, Best Valentine's Day Gift Ideas For Her. You won't believe some of the items we found for this list, and even if you are shopping for "him", we guarantee you will be uniquely and romantically inspired.
And please, be sure to Pin any of our pictures to your Pinterest board because I am telling you, you are going to want to make this delish dish every Valentine's Day! We would appreciate that :)
Have a LOVEly day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.