Coleslaw can be a barbeque sidekick to any main dish and is such a delicious salad that is easy to make, and it can even be made hours ahead of time. Coleslaw is both a classic and a favorite salad with its fresh, crisp greens and carrots. This is the best light, creamy coleslaw dressing that is absolutely full of rich flavor. And making coleslaw dressing from scratch for your coleslaw salad is so easy and so worth it.
Using fresh ingredients, you can make the best coleslaw dressing quickly and easily and you probably already have the ingredients in your fridge. Let's talk about how to make the best coleslaw recipe!
1. Cut your green cabbage into thin strips and place into a salad spinner like this stainless steel salad spinner by OXO.
2. Wash and dry your cabbage for coleslaw and set aside (the drier the better, can pat dry with paper towels if you don't have a salad spinner). This will allow the coleslaw dressing to soak into the cabbage easier).
3. Grate your carrots using a grater and set aside.
4. In the bowl you plan to serve your coleslaw salad in, mix all of your ingredients for coleslaw dressing, and whisk them all together with a fine whisk until smooth.
5. Add your cabbage and carrots to the coleslaw dressing into your bowl and mix everything together until incorporated.
6. Put plastic wrap or saran wrap onto your bowl and set aside in the fridge for 3-6 hours before serving.
You can also use a bowl with a snap-on lid like this set by Bellmain from Amazon, which is stainless steel and has measurements inside the bowl for other uses.
Voila! Coleslaw salad with homemade coleslaw dressing. Easy, wasn't it?
Here is a little tip for you that I like to do, make the coleslaw dressing recipe and keep is in your fridge in a salad dressing jar like this one by OXO from Amazon. When you want fresh coleslaw, chop your cabbage and grate your carrots and your dressing is ready to go!
We hope you enjoyed this coleslaw dressing recipe and would love to hear what you thought about it! Be sure to pin any photo and comment below.
Have a delicious day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.