The BEST Mummy Hot Dogs
Looking for the perfect Halloween appetizer? Or maybe you are looking for a cute Halloween treat to bring to the office, or to send with your little one to school for the classroom. Have you ever heard of mummy hot dogs?
These easy Halloween mummy hot dogs are a great Halloween appetizer and are cute, yummy and soo easy to make! You will love them, and your kids will eat them right up. Mummy hot dogs are a winner in the world of easy Halloween appetizers!
MUMMY HOT DOGS
Why are mummy hot dogs the best Halloween appetizer?
- Mummy hot dogs are so cute
- Mummy hot dogs taste so good
- Mummy hot dogs are super easy to make
- Kids love making and eating mummy hot dogs
- They make perfect finger foods
We wanted to call them scaredy dogs, but that just didn't sound right. Crescent roll hot dogs? Frankenweenies? Call them what you'd like, we are sticking with mummy hot dogs and they are delicious. They are the perfect appetizers for Halloween.
MUMMY HOT DOG INGREDIENTS:
- 1 can Crescent Roll dough (or learn how to make your own easy crescent rolls at home with our recipe right here)
- Cheese Slices: Any cheese really works, we love mozzarella for its fun stringiness...after all.. this is all about playing with your food
- 8 hot dogs (or chicken dogs, or vegan dogs!)
- 16 Candy Eyes (we found these on Amazon)
- Parchment paper
- a non-stick cookie sheet (both found on Amazon) or cooking spray.
MUMMY HOT DOG DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
Open (our favorite part) and unroll the crescent dough for the mummy hot dogs.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles. You will have to press the edges of 2 triangle pieces together to make one rectangle.
Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips and join 2 together. These will become the crescent roll mummy's bandages!
Cut the cheese into 4 long slices, not too thick or it won't melt properly. Imagine that they are going to lie down behind the mummy hot dogs, so about the same size length-wise. Set a few rogue pieces of cheese to the side to help glue the eyes in place.
Wrap a long strip of crescent roll dough around each hot dog and a slice of cheese (dough on the outside), and don't forget to leave a spot for your mummy to see! (eye placement). If you are wanting these to be more like mini hot dog mummies, you can cut the hot dogs in half and wrap with crescent roll dough.
Place wrapped hot dog mummies (cheese side down) on a non-stick cookie sheet or parchment paper. Either works well, it is a matter of preference. If neither is available, can spray lightly with a cooking spray.
Bake 15 minutes. When they come out, your crescent roll dough should be slightly brown.
- Turn off the oven. Place a small piece of cheese where the mummy hot dog eyes will go, and put the tray back in for 1 minute to melt.
Place 2 eyes on each mummy hot dog, and scream "IT'S ALIVE!!!!"....:) Serve with ketchup or mustard. Please be as dramatic as possible.
Here are some really great add on's from Amazon for these Halloween mummy hot dogs!
Check price of skeleton toothpicks on Amazon here
Check price of Halloween appetizer serving tray on Amazon here
HINT: If you are feeling creative, you can slice the mummy hot dogs length-wise, about halfway down, to make mummy legs! Then continue to wrap each individual leg with its own crescent roll bandage, and continue up the body. Spooky!
And although you may think these are too cute to eat...OR that they are looking at you...We can assure that no Mummy Rolls were harmed in the making of this post.
Browse all personalized, handmade items you can find on Etsy HERE
We also know you won't have any problems finishing every. last. one. And if you find these as cute as we did here at DIY Craft Club, please be sure to pin this to your best Halloween recipes board!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.