Hi and welcome back to our next episode of Simple Floral Doodles! This is episode 7 and today we are showing you how to draw lavender.
Our garden is full of these delicate fragrant flowers and we couldn't wait to pick some to use as a reference for this lavender tutorial. It's such a wonderful feeling to walk around a flower garden and take inspiration right from nature! A walk through a public garden or greenhouse might be exactly what you need to take your drawings to the next level.
Don't you just love the light aroma of lavender? We look forward to this time of year when the lavender is in full bloom. It makes the garden look lovely and it attracts bees! Bonus! After you watch this Lavender tutorial, come back here to check out our DIY bee bath post. Love the little bees in our DIY Craft Club gardens so much!
Watch the full video tutorial below ↓
1. First, draw a little pot to hold the lavender stems in. This will give your lavender drawing a super whimsical look. Using a dotted grid notebook will help keep your little pot even.
2. Next, take your lavender colored marker and draw the lavender flowers. You don't have to draw them in perfectly. In this tutorial, everything is loose and whimsical. Just draw on the color here and there for now. You will draw in the details in step 4.
3. Add in the stems of the lavender.
4. With your black fineliner, draw in the petals and flowers. If you think of the petals in kind of a heart shape that will be super helpful. So just draw them onto the lavender color that you just laid down. Draw some overlapping, and also slightly different sizes just like the real lavender plant.
5. Go over the stems with a light green colored marker, this will help soften the stems a bit and will look lovely.
PS. If you want to use the exact pens and markers that we do, Check Prices In Our Amazon Store
A VERY Special Thank You!
We want to say thanks to each and every one of you who is here with us. We are getting great feedback on this floral video tutorial series! We couldn't be more happy to share these doodle ideas with you all and we have tons of sketches that we will bring to life in future episodes. Our YouTube channel is growing so quickly and it's a wonderful feeling that you guys are checking in on us.
Please share this series with someone who loves to draw and doodle lavender and other florals! If they haven't heard about us yet, they can catch up on all of the episodes right here.
If you are new to DIY Craft Club we want to give you a warm welcome! We announced this floral tutorial series back in January on our Instagram and Facebook pages (please subscribe!) and we will be showing you how to draw and doodle simple floral designs every month. If you haven't watched the first videos in this how to draw series, they are right here on our YouTube channel.
You can use any of the floral doodle ideas from this series in your junk journals, bullet journals, and craft projects. We hope you get some really great inspiration from this lavender drawing. One of the things that we love to do here is draw and doodle in our journals. It's such a pleasant way to spend some quiet time.
Anyone can follow along with these simple floral tutorials, no matter what stage you are at! And we sure hope you do. It's so much fun to draw with others, isn't it! And one of the best things about watching floral doodle tutorials is that you can pause the video any time you need to catch up on the drawing.
There is no right or wrong way to draw and doodle. It's about having fun and spending a moment or two doing something that's super relaxing. With busy schedules, it's hard to get everything done during the day so those moments when you can just sit and doodle a quick drawing is super satisfying.
DRAW WITH US!
If you love to doodle and draw in your journals, consider this our special invitation for you to follow along with us! We will post regularly right here on our website and also on our YouTube channel.
Also, we would LOVE to see your versions too! So if you can't resist the urge to pick up your favorite markers and start doodling, do follow along. Tag us on our Insta @hellodiycraftclub and show us your versions. We can't wait to see how creative you all are!
Did you find this helpful? Please Pin this to your board so you can find your way back later!